| Important notice 2:
We are looking for new contributors. More info here.
Welcome to the CenterIM (also known as "cim") wiki homepage. Please contribute! CenterIM is a fork of CenterICQ.
This site provides information about Requirements compiling CenterIM, a ToDo list with some notes of current bugs, which are managed on our BugZilla. There is also a Roadmap of the CenterIM software and a list of Feature Requests as well as the Frequently Asked Questions (not yet complete, but growing). For new releases, you can review more details on our Release Notes page.
Communication is managed via Mailing Lists for Users and Developers and on #centerim on irc.freenode.net
If you are interested in how to contribute patches or source code, please read our contribution guidelines.
- 2010-11-24 Anti-Spam efforts - no user self-creation
Very sad, but currently I don't see another choice. Due to massively increasing spam, I have disabled the ability to self-create accounts and completely disabled write permission to anonymous users. If you think you should have write access here, write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request an account and we will create one for you.
- 2010-11-23 CenterIM 4.22.10 released
This release fixes CVE-2009-3720. It also fixes problems with connectivity to yahoo. As usual you can get it here.
- 2010-03-09 Website Update
Finally, I've taken the time to update the mediawiki version to the latest 1.15.2. Additionally, while updating, there came a captcha confirmation function in place because of recently detected spam.
- 2009-12-14 CenterIM 4.22.9 released
This release fixes the issues with connection to the MSN protocol. As usual you can get it here.
- 2009-08-09 CenterIM 4.22.8 released
This release fixes the issues with connection to the Yahoo messenger protocol as well as a Security bug in the gadugadu library CVE-2008-4776. As usual you can get it here.
- 2009-08-08 CenterIM now also on twitter / identi.ca
CenterIM will publish some news on twitter and identi.ca. This way we hope to answer some quick questions. In other news: If you been using transacid's gentoo overlay via layman, please delete and readd it. he switched from rsync to git.
- 2009-06-24 Yahoo! protocol change
CenterIM has updated support for new version and YIM should work again - try latest mobshot
- 2009-06-20 Yahoo! protocol change
YIM protocol has changed - for now, try hints from here
- 2009-02-22 Centerim 4.22.7 has been released
This release fixes the AIM regression from 4.22.6. Also introduces Atom feed support and much more. See the Changelog for more details. get it here centerim-4.22.7.tar.bz2
- 2008-10-26 Centerim 4.22.6 has been released
get it here centerim-4.22.6.tar.gz
- 2008-08-11 Jabber Conference
Join the jabber conference at email@example.com
- 2008-05-26 If you are using centerim for connecting to IRC servers and you're having problems with the connection (e.g. disconnecting every few seconds), please first of all, disable the Captcha function and try again before reporting problems. This bug is already known and will be fixed soon. The reason for this is, that in IRC, there are lots of server-generated messages which trigger the captcha function, and these questions trigger the server to forced disconnection of your client. See bzid:106 for details on this topic
- 2008-04-08 New version (4.22.5) released.
This release fixes various segfaults in the Yahoo protocol. It also introduces a bar which displays all open chats nicely. Get it here centerim-4.22.5.tar.gz
- 2008-03-29 New version (4.22.4) released.
This release fixes the possible url exploit described in CVE-2008-1467. It also makes CenterIM ready for the Yahoo protocol change kicking in on 2nd april 2008. Get it here centerim-4.22.4.tar.gz
- 2008-03-25 FreeBSD ports update
As of 2008-03-20, the FreeBSD ports collection provides separated ports for the release version and the mob branch version of CenterIM. Please check out net-im/centerim and net-im/centerim-devel.
- 2008-03-11 New version (4.22.3) released.
Grab it while it's hot: centerim-4.22.3.tar.gz. This version fixes the various ICQ contact list issues (e.g adding contacts should now work). Report issues to our Bugzilla.
- 2007-12-18 Where are you at?
If you like CenterIM add yourself to the Frappr map.
Old news can be found at Project News History.
- Official releases available from http://www.centerim.org/download/releases/ and http://transacid.de/centerim/releases/
- Latest Master-branch source code available from http://www.centerim.org/download/snapshots http://transacid.de/centerim/snapshots/ and ftp://ftp.centerim.org/snapshots
- irregularly updated Mob-branch tarballs can be fetched from http://transacid.de/centerim/mobshots/ and http://www.centerim.org/download/mobshots/
- Grab the development source code through GIT on http://repo.or.cz/w/centerim.git
- Or install directly through the following software collections
- FreeBSD ports: /usr/ports/net-im/centerim (http://www.freshports.org/net-im/centerim)
- NEW: The (almost) current snapshot from the mob branch can be fetched from
FreeBSD ports: /usr/ports/net-im/centerim-devel (http://www.freshports.org/net-im/centerim-devel)
- gentoo portage: /usr/portage/net-im/centerim (http://gentoo-portage.com/net-im/centerim)
- see also Portage overlay
- openSUSE Contrib Repository: http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/openSUSE:/Factory:/Contrib/
- Debian Packages: http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/c/centerim
- Fedora: build system: koji, package database: pkgdb
- Pardus Packages: Add the contrib repository first, then centerim can be installed by typing pisi install centerim or just select the package on gui with tool package-manager.
- Our old mailing list archive: at http://chlor.kofeina.net/pipermail/cicq/
Take a look at the Documentation.
Various scripts written for centerim
- ShortenUrl - uses a tinyurl type service to shorten long urls to prevent screen-wrapping